Scientists call for Protection from Non-ionizing Electromagnetic Field Exposure
An appeal by 194 scientists from 39 countries at the UN and WHO.
Scientific basis for our concerns
Numerous recent scientific publications have shown that EMF affects living organism at levels well below most international and national guidelines. Effects include increased cancer risk, cellular stress, increase in harmful free radicals, genetic damages, structural and functional changes of the reproductive system, learning and memory deficits, neurological disorders, and negative impacts on general well-being in humans. Damage goes well beyond the human race, as there is growing evidence of harmful effects to both plant and animal life.
Collectively we also request that:
1. children and pregnant women be protected;
2. guidelines and regulatory standards be strengthened;
3. manufactorers be encouraged to develop safer technology;
4. utilities responsible for the generation, transmission, distribution, and monitoring of electricity maintain adequate power quality an ensure proper electrical wiring to minimize harmful ground current;
5. the public be fully informed about the potential health risks from electromagnetic energy and taught harm reduction strategies;
6. medical professionals be educated about the biological effects of electromagnetic energy and be provided training on treatment of patients with electromagnetic sensitivity;
7. governments fund training and research on electromagnetic fields and health that is independent of industry and mandate industry cooperation with researchers;
8. media disclose experts‘ financial relationships with industry when citing their opinions regarding health and safety aspects of EMF-emitting technologies; and
9. white-zones (radiation free-areas) be established.
International Appeal DOWNLOAD PDF FOR FREE
Welcome to EMFscientist.org TO THE POST